Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Why I'm Attending FGS + RootsTech 2015

I'm excited to be attending the genealogical conference event of 2015.

If you haven't heard (where have you been?!), the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) and RootsTech are joining forces to host a joint conference in Salt Lake City, February 11-14, 2015. This is big, folks. Huge!

Why am I going? Three key reasons:
  1. Professional Development: As a newbie to the field of genealogy, I'm keen on growing my nascent genealogy skills. This first of its kind joint event will play host to a slew of skills-building sessions facilitated by the field's rock star experts. Don't take my word for it. See for yourself! Check out the schedule of sessions for FGS and RootsTech.

  2. Networking: I'm eager to connect with attendees who share my passion for family history. Likely to be among the largest-attended genealogy conferences, I look forward to the opportunity to meet and learn from folks from across the country...heck, the world! Who knows, perhaps I'll meet a few distant cousins with similar research interests who want to tear down brick walls.

  3. Genealogy's Capital City: Salt.Lake.City. Need I say more? The conference is hosted in family history's capital city. I'm on a pilgrimage to the land of all things genealogy, and hope to log an hour or two (I joke, more like a day or two) in the Family History Library.
Those are my reasons, and I think they might be compelling for a few of you, too. If they are, register for the conference online. I hope to meet you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment